PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2006, 19:40
YVRtoYYZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I have been following the 2 threads regarding colourblindness closely and, while understanding that most of the discussion pertains to the CAA/JAA, I am hoping for some insight into my situation with Transport Canada.

Just today, I took the Farnsworth D-15 colour test where I flawlessly passed the first two tests administered and made one error on the third test administered. I then took the Holmes-Wright lantern test, upon which I was informed that my answers were inconsistent with the green/white colours being displayed. Upon completion of the Holmes-Wright, I then took the Farnsworth D-15 again to prove for a fourth time my competency in flawlessly determining the pattern of colours.

This then brings me to my question:
If I have consistently demonstrated complete competency and accuracy with the Farnsworth D-15 test (which is considered an alternate to the Ishihara, while the lantern is considered an alternate to the D-15), upon which grounds will Transport Canada consider my colour vision competency? Does the fact that I was completely successful with the D-15 indicate that I have meet TC's colour distinction requirements or will my failure on the Holmes-Wright lantern test outweigh my successes with the Farnsworth D-15.

Thank you in advance.

-YVRtoYYZ