PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 3
Thread: CARDIFF - 3
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2006, 17:11
AvianceUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey Phil...

Not seen you in a while.. Where you been???

There was a rumour around that Aviance had a 90 day notice recently... Nothing official though.

Just to clarify... Aviance are the only ground agents to work airside - baggage etc so we handle everything that you see ( as an engineer )... As said Subed by servisair on their contracts. So any deficit is down to us on that part! But to clarify what I read some time ago, Aviance took over Airway Handling... And now we have the same stucture and managers as they did.. So in effect, Airway took Aviance over!!! We currently run exactly the same way, one year on, as Airway did.

But hold on there..... There's a new kid in town!!! Yep, we got ourselves a 'project manager', here to sort us out!! Not wanting to post any names, but, he used to be station manager for swissport at BHX...!

Some changes have been implemented, though relatively small so far, being end of season. But many more, and more significant changes are on the way ' apparently ' to make Aviance at CWL an ' Aviance ' operation.... Which it certainly isn't at the moment.

So watch this space!! I for one hope it gets better for all of us, coz this summer has been the worst ever!!

Saying that, looking at the weather, possible de-icing Thursday morn if Mr Frost makes an appearence!! And guess what??? WE ARE NOT READY!!! Oooh days off are nice!!!!

So Phil, I hope for yours and our sake, things do get better!!! And don't always blame the guy in charge on the ground, as he can only work with the number of men he's got on a team and to the time he was told about it!!! Generally when it's on approach!!!!

Shocking summer... I hope all that deal with us, and myself have a better winter!!

Cheers

AvUK