PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2006, 16:38
Twonston Pickle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This would be from the same GLANZASILVIA that PM'd me having a big problem with rank. Yet another mover citing his/her problems and failing to keep site of the overall big picture; the guys coming back from ops don't want excuses, just good service. It's the least you could provide given their efforts elsewhere.

I have dealt with a number of excellent movers and others who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. I don't want to tar all movers with the same brush but, overall, my experiences have been less than positive. The aircrew (I can't believe I'm about to support the 2-wing master race!) have ususally made up for it in humour, communication and professionalism. The problem lies not with the rank and file movers but usually with the SNCO/DAMO cadre who can never be found, rarely brief the pax and should be on hand to motivate their troops when the going gets tough. All too often, the only sight of the DAMO is when they strut their stuff during pax loading, after all the problems have been solved.

By the way, does anyone know what the required rank is for the PRO? I've tried to look at JSP 800 Vol 2 for several days but it does not appear to be available.