PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot-Fatigue Test Lands JetBlue In Hot Water
Old 31st Oct 2006, 09:40
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone mentioned that the findings were inconvenient for the airlines. If so, this will not be the first such data that has proved a thorn in the side of the bean counters. We have seen how the managament of the industry has reacted to 'inconvenient data' and chosen to ignore it until circumstances have forced their hand. Meanwhile the usual Blah Blah about standards, quality & saftey are trotted out for gulible press consumption.

I do not wish to hi-jack the issue of FTL's, as it is high on my gripe list, but remember that it has be a festering topic for over 30 years, and look where the industry is; worse than ever. It has been the same with high flight level radiation research and data. All the research I've read, including that by a combined German/Italian pilots' union and their emminent local professors, has been brushed under the carpet. Now the same will happen to all this fatigue research.

Does it not seem a strange world where the same people who trumpet safety for the pax, and quality of life to attract the few pilots out there to join airline AA instean of BB, are at the same time attempting to roster crews on the edge of fatigue. This really is a constant 'pound of flesh' attitude and at the first drop of blood they will run for cover blaming the authorities and their legal limits. Ostrich management by everyone including the politicians.