PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2006, 07:18
FIEVAL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

KATJUSCHA - Awesome to hear that you finally received your ticket, yet another fellow prunner finally on their way to the place that we are all hoping to make it too......Be sure to keep in touch!

OZY OS - Oh my gosh you have been moved all the way to December the 10th.....wow even more of a wait ...but as you mentioned at least you know and havent been forgotten!!!!!!!!

BURJALARAB - Hi there, like you I wear contact lenses, these are the acceptable requirements as per Emirates Ophthalmic Report -

ACCEPTABLE
Distant visual acuity with or without corrections is 6/9 or better in the better eye
Near Visual acuity with or without correction is at least N5 at 30-50cm and N14 at 100cm
UNACCEPTABLE
Spectables for visual correction
Visual field defects
Functionally monocular vision
(the above is taken off the medical requirements sheet that Emirates sends out for you to complete as part of your medicals)
Non of the above made any sense to me, but I took the form to my optmetrist and she explained everything to me.
Hopefully this helps!

NEMO24 - I would probably give them the required 6 weeks then try after that! I didnt contact them, but got a phone call 3 weeks after my final interview requesting I complete all medicals! So I am guessing they will probably be contacting you soon.....unfortunately you are now playing the game that many of us are now playing....the "waiting game" .....but I am positive you should hear from them soon!