PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2006, 20:46
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's think about this

The problem we have with the fragmented union is a political one. The S/H union will do anything to undercut us and although there are a lot of ex L/H in S/H now the union is still made up of ex Australian airlines girls who have an intense dislike for us.
Then you have GM who after our union change went over to S/H and I’m sure he does not have anything nice to say about us either.

I know from some friends who went to S/H that they can have a great time at work unless they mention L/H and they have told me that some of the older girls go out of their way to give them a hard time. Notice that I said some and not all. The impression I get is that some of the S/H crew are still peeved that QF bought Australian airlines and their cosy little world changed forever.

To be honest a lot of us in L/H were not all that thrilled with the way things went either including the integrated seniority system. I’m sure the old TAA girls did not give integrated seniority to any of the crew from airlines they absorbed.

I have to be honest as well to say that I am less than impressed with the current L/H faaa as well and their dogmatic tunnel vision as surfside puts it.

Having said that, how do we fix the problem. The situation occurred and there is nothing we can do about it but we can improve it. Basically it takes two to tango and we can either continue this slanging match or we can be proactive together and try and head off Darth and his minions.

Unless we do something all of our conditions and that includes S/H will go down the tube and we will all look back at 2006 and say remember the good old days just as we do when we talk about the 70’s and 80’s and the TAA and Ansett days. Are we going to continue to try and undercut each other because if we do only Darth will win? We have to take the fight to the company and that means embarrassing them with information about their remuneration and bonuses.

If we continue the quietly ,quietly ,behind the doors ,confidential ,top secret approach that our current L/H faaa are so find of we are doomed.