PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi-crew Pilots Licence (formerly: South African Airway's plan to get co-pilots)
Old 30th Oct 2006, 19:15
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What descriptive language-to "paraphrase" it! I never found the nerve to state that on Pprune.
I imagine South African will go through much of the cycle we've seen at United and most of the other U.S. carriers in the last twenty years.

There will be a whole "touchy-feely" mandatory training syllabus on "diversity", "cultural awareness" and "sensitivity". The perpetrators in the training videos will always seem to be from the same oppressive group:

http://www.pfandp.com/videoclips/Con...l_Airlines.wmv

Some of the folks hired with low time will eventually do really well after a while. However, a very few will never get the picture, will fail checkride after checkride, even have their ticket pulled by the feds, but never get terminated due to threat of adverse publicity and litigation. At least, that's how it has worked at some airlines here in the U.S.

European airlines are just now coming around on the idea of giving preference in pilot hiring for diversity, I'm sure they will see a lot more of the same issues disccussed in this thread in the years to come.