PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 2
Thread: Aer Lingus - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2006, 18:24
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by akerosid
Indeed, DM mentioned some time ago (albeit before EK cancellation - and indeed, the FR plans - were announced) that Airbus was offering it three 330s for 2008 delivery; nothing since ... Getting 330s is a transitional phase for EI and doesn't preclude 787s.

I would expect to see a new product in J and Y classes being introduced with the two new 330s being introduced next year.
Well if you add the two already on the way to that three, along with the 10 EK slots, the ballpark figure for the future EI fleet. Assuming that all of the 332s were kept(but the 333s dumped) gives a total of 18. I assume that Airbus would be offering these a/c at exceptional prices, especially if EI were also to commit to the XWB for deliver c2015. I think the 332 could do BKK OK, but would be slightly payload limited to SIN? JNB should also be possible? Maybe someone with more knowlage of the specs could confirm?
Let us remember that the A330 is still a really, really good and economical a/c.Especially on Eis surrent network. Also the american airlines will still be operating 757/767s to Ireland untill possibly 2020. EI needs a long haul fleet, 787 is hard to come by and the XWB will most likely sufer delays. By taking the best of the current aircraft available, but still having NGs on order, EI can avoid trouble should there be delays with whatever NG widebody it goes for.

New product is definately hoped for, but what are the chances? We all had money on new cabins b4 DXB, but looked what happened.