PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL UK changes
Thread: DHL UK changes
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2002, 17:16
RampTramp

Still Trampin' the Ramp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would just ask the knockers to consider the alternatives! DHL could bring all the owned A300's onto the Belgian register & just terminate the contract with ACL once the 72s die in the night network. The aircraft have been operated on a contract basis so DHL have no obligation to provide alternative employment for any of the staff. It still seems to me that ACL & DHL are working together to minimise any job losses & rationalise the whole operation. If you guys want to take the negative approach, thats your perogative and you don't have to come to the party.

I M Spartacus - you have a point but the regulations are a bit 'grey'. There are precedents already, BA - Aussie CEO, easyJet (Greek) & Go (Yank) so I feel that DHL & ACL would not have made the announcement without being reasonably certain that the blessing with holy water is coming.

And before it starts, it's been obvious from my posts that I do work for one of the parties but not far enough up the food chain to to influence decisions & I'll be the first to critisize if I think 'Management' have got it wrong. I have also, in the past, lost my job & spent time with an uncertain future so don't think I'm unsympathetic.

Time will tell & I'm sure that opinions will still be polarised even after the dust has settled. Over to you guys again.