PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incompetance or PC
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2006, 14:25
Roadster280

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Gorilla
Yes the Americans never cease to amuse me! They are now fingerprinting tourists on the way in and on the way out. They have come up with all sorts of bureaucratic hoops for both the Airlines and individuals to jump through so that you can have the privilege to marvel at their wonderful country and spend lots of $!! Meanwhile of course thousands of illegal immigrants come over the Mexican border every day, muppets.
Any yanks wanting to come to the EU should be fingerprinted both ways as well. As for me I have changed my honeymoon plans for next year. Instead of having 3 weeks in Hawaii I am going to back to Dubai. How ironic that you should be made to feel more welcome in a Muslim country that the land of the so called free!
But at least we can be so thankful for them having made the world a much safer place!
The US-VISIT program has been running for a long while now. Essentially, the fingerprinting is a scan of the index fingers, so the USCIS can positively identify travellers. Contrast that with the sloppy "standards" of the UK immigration folk. Several times, I've just had to briefly show an EU passport to the officer. Not scanned, not taken a note of, nothing. I know which I would rather be protected by.