PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wealthy Expats won't find it alluring
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2006, 12:14
Metro man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You talk about funding Medicare, I did, yet as I earned over $50 000 a year I had to either take out private medical insurance or pay the Medicare levy.

You talk about the next generation funding your retirement, where I work the idea is to fund your own, does that sound fairer ?

Who thinks the Australian government spends the tax revenue it receives sensibly ? I don't, the waste is unbelievable 1/3 of the budget in welfare, a considerable proportion to those who just don't want to work and a not inconsiderable sum supporting an overblown government bureaucracy at state and federal level.

I feel no obligation to provide those who will not work with a higher standard of living than I had when unable to find a flying job and had to undertake other things.

As for the society being built at the moment in Oz, I don't think too much of it. A culture of entitlement and penalising those who try to get ahead. A revolving door, slap on the wrist justice system where only the criminals have rights. A bunch of hand wringing politically correct whingers running things where if you are a straight white male you are an out cast, much better to be an ethnic, non English speaker with a criminal record.

That's my 2c worth.

P.S. Love it here in SE Asia