PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible Sonic Boom damages houses in Bude, Cornwall
Old 30th Oct 2006, 09:59
Razor61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SamCaine
I've just spoken to a friend who lives right on the coast north of Bude. He was awake on the night in question and didn't hear a thing, neither did anyone else in the pub.
Thats because it was at 11:30-1200 noon...

Although being confirmed as a meteor, i still reckon one of the Rafales or F16s did it....
The MoD still confirm 'none of our jets' were in the area at the time, but i can confirm the Rafales and Vipers were, having a good play with themselves.....and they are allowed to go supersonic in the Managed Danger Area off Bude. As are the test flights out of Boscombe and St Athan.

In fact the residents of Bude should be used to it, not only Concorde a few years ago but also the almost daily supersonic runs from the test flights from the stations mentioned above.

I used to be able to hear the Sonic boom of Concorde here in Mid Devon when it NY bound. Used to watch it go over the Bristol Channel on its way to NY and especially on its way back where it was clearly visible, nose up attitude and starting to descend as it past Cardiff.