PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scrap the RAF
Thread: Scrap the RAF
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2006, 09:56
femmers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could Be Good though

I've seen people mentioning the Vietnamese as a reason why it wouldn't work, but just because they got it wrong, doesn't mean that it can't work. It's almost like saying Chelsea can't use the 4-3-2-1 formation because West Brom got relagated using it. Well if you've got better player's, better coaches, better management and more cash, you can win a league with that formation. Before people start picking me up on that comparison, it is merely an example of the point that just because someone else got it wrong, doess't mean we would.

And for the people who make the points about the Army not knowing what to do with a/c. Well...if the RAF was absorbed into the Army then of course the RAF would bring all their expertise and lessons learned with them and use that to the advantage of the military as a whole.

The guy who made the point about "Joint" and JPA has a good point....it does seem to be the way things are going so it may happen in the future. I'm not saying it will, or should, just "may", and the RAF/Army shouldn't be narrow minded about it - again, before someone quotes that, Im not saying that the RAF/Army as a whole are being narrow minded about it, but certainly it seems alot of people in this forum are (mainly RAF I pressume).