PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying Experience
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2006, 07:39
Bucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, but

Current limiter, I like the points you raise but may I humbly disagree with your notion that the flight schools are at fault here; they are the indirect tools of the CAA dispensing the syllabus as the CAA lays down. It is a great credit to 43 (I do not work for them) that they turn our the better quality of CPLs in this country as evidenced as least by the reputation and standing they enjoy. It is certainly the case that in this country we do have a system where the least experienced teach the core skills; many do an exceptional job, others are more mediocre. The sadness is that these young keen instructors lack the line experience to add colour to the overall picture. In the UK it seems to be quite the opposite, thankfully. The training industry here in SA might well do more to recruit the great wealth of experience tied up in our retired flight crew but I realise that after many years of aviation many are more happy to spend their time at the 19th hole. If there is anything to learn by the JAA system it is this, 200 hr graduate pilots of the approved schools can and DO enter the employment stream at a level where most of our pilots here take 3-5 years of hard badly paid graft to get to.

How do we address this and overcome the matter that was first raised in this thread?