PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wealthy Expats won't find it alluring
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2006, 04:29
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gnadenburg
If you are on a 15 to 30K AUD package a month in HK
Not on “B” scale I’m not. You’re still under the misguided belief that everyone at CX is on “A” scale and earning heaps more than the average QF driver. We’re not.
and can't raise some creative finance to borrow at 100%, to take full advantage of tax losses in Oz, I can't help you. Whether it be equity or offset accounts or whatever.
Yep I could if I wanted to but that would mean less to invest else where, considerably less. With interest rates at over 8% for investment properties and only slightly less in HK and gross returns on investment properties currently running at less than 3% Australia wide with no improvement in sight, no negative gearing is going to offset the loss you are going to make. You might have caught the wave ten years ago but those times have well and truly gone. Even the stock markets are starting to look awfully overvalued. The people that will make money over the next 5 – 10 years are those that are conservative with their investments, not those that take stupid risks and over gear themselves in a declining market. And I haven’t even mentioned the inherent risks that currently exist with the high Australian dollar and buying property in Aus. That didn’t exist 10 years ago either.