PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2006, 00:36
qcc2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am afraid

i have to cite with LL on this one.
S/H union started the MAM casuals, VB contracts, Impulse turned J*etc. There weren,t many options available to negotiate the same conditions for AO,BKK base (as we used to say then at union meetings "your are setting a precedent"). reminder that the AKL base was not a legal option for the faaa, the london base got up thanks to the s/h union president. recently the faaa domestic gave dispensation to "extend" the 3 hour time zone to bombay, which takes to divisional flying agreement to the max. as you guys in s/h find out now longhaul flying is a little different with jetlag, more night sectors,etc.i hear many of my domestic mates now "whinge" about the extra hours, longer trips,etc.
we are at a point where QF has the advantage at the moment. not all is lost, its a matter of getting organised.
the next step:
1) research QF management wage and bonuses in the last 10 years since privatisation.
2) compare them to other international airlines wages & conditions
3) communicate it to the public through various channels in the lead up to the election.
the QF unions have to keep reminding the public that "Il Duce" alone went from 1.8 million to 3.2 million in the last fin year.