PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British KLM pilots to ballot for stike action
Old 29th Oct 2006, 21:29
bluepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Flyburg

I find it a little sad that you feel so aggrieved;

The uk pilots have accepted a deal with KLM BUT it was only a 2:1 majority who voted for it, joining KLm mainline was only part of the dispute, there are other areas that were more important to some balpa members. Also please understand that although only 36 or so pilots have applied to mainline there is a second round of applications in March, some pilots may be waiting to see the outcome of the selection procedure on the first round , or due to personal reasons cannot commit on the first round, only then will we have a true picture of who wishes to transfer.

Also please understand that to many people moving to mainline is not an option, there are quite a few senior F100 captains who are into their 50s so it is totally unrealistic that they should apply.

The politics you refered to in your previous posts were between "big" balpa and the VNV, I agree that it was a very bad situation and was not happy that BALPA were using us as pawns to further their own gains in the international arena, but lets be realistic here the VNV with the D and K accord did not play fair at all with the UK guys, they were never included AT ALL in the negotiations regarding the integration of KLMuk into KLC and the VNV blocked all talks and insisted that the illegal and discriminatory agreement be adhered to.

This history needs to be put behind us all, we can learn from it and move foward........ lets not dwell on the past.....it will get us nowhere.

Personally i have applied to join KLM, I only hope that the selection process is fair and If successful look foward to a long and happy career.

Bluepilot