PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmed or Ba lgw please help
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2006, 19:50
superairhostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Everybody

Very interesting to read all your different opinions.

Spent the last two days on the phone talking to every single person I know!

As Superboy said I'm the one who has to decide at the end of the day.Think I'm gonna call back Bmed to make sure I'm still on the waiting list for the next training course.By doing so I'll have time both to give a chance to BA and to attend the JAL interview on wednesday.I'll also get to see how Bmed financial situation is evolving as they're gonna make an announcement in December I've heard.

Believe it or not I'm been chasing Bmed for years( being rejected quite few times)but now that I'm with BA I can see the advantages of working for a big company.I'm now 24 years old and wether I'll have a family or not I know I don't want fly forever and I've got the desire of improving myself and doing different things in life.(Being Gemini I also like variety!)

Down the other side though nobody at BA can guarantee me anything regarding the pay and the roster getting better.When I attended the interview I went for a full time job with a full time pay and had been told I would have started doing longhaul straight from October.Well now I've been told by everybody that I have to wait til Feb.or March which either of them aren't exactly around the corner.

So...Hopefully if I get Jal I'll get ,LHR,longhaul and a decent salary straight away together with the advantages of a big company.If I don't at least I'll have some breathing space to think weather or not I want still being with BA.

Let me know what you think and thanks again for your cooperation.