PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extra landing fees if the runway lights are needed?
Old 29th Oct 2006, 19:26
pistongone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was Dropping off a couple at Elstree and they charged me £20 extra for the lights, as it was 10 minutes after Sun Down but still as bright as you like I never requested them, but was charged anyhow! To add insult to injury, i was kept waiting at the hold for 15 minutes to depart the next day (they are an A/G field but i need to go there often so need to keep them sweet!) I would have been ok to go many times,, but the RADIO OPERATOR (call sign Elstree Radar! ) Kept me holding @£3.00/minute!!! So that cost me an extra £65.00 Cheers. I know flying is expensive, but i could have taken my wife for a reasonable dinner for not much more, and i know which i would have prefered I understand all the arguments for and against, But lets face it a field must make the large part of its income from services and charges to the based aircraft and schools etc. Surely thats the way it is in the States? Cant see places like Teterborough getting much in the way of Taxpayers subsidies? And the tax in the states is much less than here! Better get off the politics as it gets me going!