PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet another pension question
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2006, 19:22
Wannabe1974

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Autorev
Safeware,
You describe yourself as someone 'on the outside looking in'.
In that case you have no idea of the current state of confusion and the lack of acurate information that is easily available to serving members of HM Forces, following the intriduction of JPA - There are a couple of threads on the subject if you are interested....
One may think that a simple call to PSF would answer such a question, however they no longer exsist. Your options are to trawl endless links on badly designed intranet site - that often contain broken links, or speak to HR Admin staff that will inevitably refer you to JPAC who will refer you to your HR Admin staff, who.....
I think someone who makes efficient use of the resources avaialable to him (PPRUNE!) to gather info is exactly the sort of chap we should be promoting!!!
Pah! I'm on the inside looking out! Its easy to blame JPA for everything it seems, including utter laziness!
I have to say that any Officer, ergo a leader of men and women, should know exactly where to look to find out information on pensions or a multitude of other subjects (or at least know where to start). Especially someone of OF4 rank!!
There is a wealth of information available both on old-fashioned paper (remember that?) and on t'internet if you must rely on it for absolutely everything. The question is fully answered on p6 of the "Your Pension Scheme Explained" booklet which was sent to EVERY member of the Armed Forces last year. If you've lost yours its available at:

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Ab...tePublications
/PersonnelPublications/Pensions/AFPS75
/Afps75YourPensionSchemeExplained.htm

The answer is (for those on AFPS75): Your "final rank" is the highest substantive (permanent) rank held for more than 2 years or the highest paid acting rank held for 3 years (for officers).

End of thread I should have thought.