PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2006, 19:19
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Layman's terms?

Twiggs,
Yep ,I thought you would answer my question like that and it makes about as much sense as usual.

My point is that you responded like a pax who when asked if they would like Tea or Coffee looks vacantly at us and say’s “YES” and that answer has nothing to do with layman’s terms just a complete lack of understanding.

My question was a rhetorical one. The company has an agenda and it does not really matter what we do or offer. I have seen over the years a number of reasonable offers made to the company only to be rejected because they have no interest in our well being.

I’ll rephrase my question so that you might understand it .Does the company know something we don’t know in the way of an agreement already reached or are they that confident that we’ll cave in as usual in this latest game of chicken?

They are only interested in the total destruction of our T & C’s .Even if we say we will work for 240 hours then S/H will say they will work for 250 and so on with the only winner being Darth and the board. It is one group played against another in a race to the bottom.

How long it was after our last EBA when you would think that there would be peace and stability did the company try something? From memory it was only a few months. It does not matter what we give up, they will only want more and there are a lot of Neville Chamberlains out there who will give in at a drop of a hat.

TWIGGS, Do you want to work for J* international pay and conditions?
What are you willing to concede in quantitative terms?

Don't give us any airy fairy ,vague concepts of what we should prepared to give up .Tell us how many hours you think we should be doing and other concessions we should make to guarantee we fly the A-380 to the UK and the US