PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oh dear
Thread: oh dear
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2006, 12:14
Bunker Mentality

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello hellomoto

Originally Posted by hellomoto
Well spotted. I have to say if this thread of yours (not you Mr C Hinecap) is supposed to reflect inter service / inter trade / groundcrew/aircrew banter then it's not very funny. I intend to take a print of the entire thread and present it to CAS Support when he meets with us next week. Internet anonymity may be leading to a few ridiculous comments such as the officer who stated that 'had he had his bayonet close to hand, he would have gladly stabbed the mover in front of him!' Some of the puerile rubbish being spouted on here is truly unbelievable. I think we'll be a bit less 'can do', start embracing a few more H & S rules and practically work to rule. We'll see how smoothly the AT fleet runs then shall we? Those of you that genuinely know anything about what movers do, particularly in the more difficult places we operate, ought to pipe up and write something positive for once.
What a remarkably snooty and stupid post. In the case of the RAF AT and Movements organisation, the perception is the reality. All this defensive stuff telling us we don't undertand your problems just comes across as excuse making. The time for excuses is over. Accept that the system needs to improve and get on with improving it.
And by the way, if you are going to criticise others for being puerile, you should avoid writing things like:
'I think we'll be a bit less 'can do', start embracing a few more H & S rules and practically work to rule. We'll see how smoothly the AT fleet runs then shall we?'
Pot calling the kettle black, or what?
BM