PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 3
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2006, 12:06
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lite
Any insider news from Menzies about how things are going at the moment?
Menzies seem to be really back on form after a dire start to the summer, which I think can simply be notched up to the fact that this has been their biggest season so far, and at the beginning they just weren't well prepared enough. Indeed, around June time top brass from aviance and Swissport UK were both rumoured to be at the airport looking at either replacing Menzies or establishing a third handling agent. However, Menzies have really got back into shape, and I've been told that they've had a lot of people from different airlines looking around their operation including First Choice and easyJet, whose contracts are up for renewal around February time, as well as bmi who will be looking at how their charters are going to be handled for S07. There are still the rumours about bmibaby/bmi regional front of house/dispatch moving over to Menzies, though as they've been going around since Menzies took over our ramp operations, and baby have only just taken on eight new CSAs over the last few months, I highly doubt we'll see this any time soon.