PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmed or Ba lgw please help
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2006, 00:01
SuperBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dash-7 lover
BMED have their own niche out of LHR and seem to be doing ok and I'm sure there are equal benefits.
Yes they used to because there were no competition on the routes they did, now it is a completely different story. BEY the original money maker barely features anymore. Numerous reasons:
-BMED charges quite a bit.
-BMED HAD a monopoly on the route but now KLM fly there with a 747. LH also now fly there, they use a larger a/c(sorry can't be more specific on LH a/c)
-They have just cancelled 1 of there routes and they also cancelled/delayed the delivery of there next 2 a/c. Doesn't seem like there business plan is going quite the way its supposed to.

GB seem to be keeping LGW alive.
You are kidding right? I'm sorry but have you any Idea about what is happening at BA? You do realise that GB is a franchise? Yes, GB is doing great but EF LGW has made a profit SF is saving the company almost 14 million and Mainline LGW is going from strength to strength.

I work for a ''wholly owned'' subsidiary and also have a BA staff number, use BA systems, promote the BA brand but that doesn't hold water. If I want to apply for a job with ''mainline'' I'm classed as an external candidate.
Yes you fall under the BA umbrella, yes BA owns BAcon until recently Ba owned the London Eye but none of them were offered jobs at BA mainline. You did however apply for a job at citiflyer or bacon(depending on how long you've been there) you did not apply to BA mainline. You are however correct in stating that if you were to lose your job due to redundancy because of that clause you MIGHT be offered a job with mainline. (As per SOU closing down and now alot of the crew are on abinitio training courses beginning of nov for SF)

Also as a franchise BMED and GB are complete separate companies to BA and if they crash you will not be offered a position with BA.

Back to the original thread.

SuperAirHostess: I could tell you all the horror stories about BMED and I could tell you all the nice ones but at the end of the day you have to decide whether you are happy at BA. At the moment you are trying to make a choice between BA and Bmed but I think you should first decide whether BA is right for you. As you are aware there are alot of things changing at BA and come Feb when it all kicks in, in my personal opinion you will LOVE it.

I can only speak of my personal experience at BMED and I hated it(I'm not trying to offend anyone) There are too many points to bring up and I know you know how I feel about BMED, on the flip side there are people at BMED who have been there for years and they LOVE it. What they love about the company is a mystery to me but hey it takes all kinds.

I met a few FANTASTIC people there that I still keep in touch with.

I hope you make the decision that is right for you however I'm sure you will.

Last edited by SuperBoy; 29th Oct 2006 at 00:06. Reason: typo