PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI diversion causes a stir in Irish media
Old 28th Oct 2006, 21:41
Stallspincrashburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMHO the vast majority of "customers" are far too arrogant to listen to any PAs made by either the flight or cabin crew. The rudeness that I often face as a passenger when I dare to politely ask the couple sitting next to me to cease talking loudly during the safety brief! The avalanche of unfastening seat-belt buckles and mobile telephone received SMS warning tones that accompany the request from the flight deck that we remain seated until the aircraft is fully parked. Is it any surprise that the pax who thought that his number was up following a routine weather diversion also claimed to have received no info for 4 hours. 4 hours! Oh, come on!

As for you "professionals" out there, I wasn't there, so I don't know what the actual met was, but last time I checked Airbus and the CAA hadn't completed their CAT IIIB VOR/DME certification program. BMI use tailored AERAD airfield booklets with all the plates stapled togethed, and with each pilot having his or her own copy. With all airlines doing their damnest to conserve costs, an unscheduled diversion is not lightly undertaken. If a landing could have been safely undertaken then it would have been.

But most of all, shame on you for believing the press and their "reporting" of passengers comments to the detriment of your professional colleagues.