PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan - 3
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2006, 14:15
nef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they are going to use a 738 to SFB from GLA, what are they going to do with the 767s? Additionally, if this flight is operated on smaller aircraft and has an en-route refuelling stop it's hardly going to help it's popularity - Surely one of the main attractions up till now is the fact its a non-stop flight? I certainly wouldn't be particularly attracted to a flight with such a stop and I suspect many others would feel the same and revert to flying with in-situ US carriers via their hubs.

And what about BOS? It's never been clearly stated (to my knowledge) what a/c type is going to operate it - I guess it will be a mix? If a 738 is used, can GSMs ones make it to BOS non-stop?

Interestingly, although a lot of people will be booking thier hoildays for next summer at this time of year, I don't think I've seen any advertsing whatsoever for the GSMs planned GLA-BOS service. They seem to expect people just to automatically go and book, but if they don't advertise it widely in a range of media outlets then it'll go the same way as the planned LAS and BGI flights (which again I never saw advertised - how are people supposed to know they exist? )