PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC Article Claims St Athan Favourite for New Training Centre
Old 28th Oct 2006, 13:52
Rigga

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CG and Dodgysumpy,

I have friend who was refused employment at a Welsh College (in Wales!) as she could not speak Welsh. She is/was a trained and experienced "English as a Foreign Language" Teacher. Welsh not involved - as the teaching for this subject does not include speaking the students' languages. (I am told)
My friend was told that it is Welsh Language Law that Educators must be Welsh Speakers. I believe that Technical Colleges are also subject to this Law even if the subject itself is not taught, or even available, in Welsh.

And another thing - Blue Suits! - in a future MOD Training School? - You must be joking? It would be better to assume little or no Uniformed involvement below Squabbling Level. This is also another PFI/PP set-up by Tonies Cronies - of which I expect some sort of Board membership to be announced after June next year. Just another money-spinner.

The only reason Satan (Freudian keyboard slip) is being promoted is due to EU development money putting an inordinate 10 year bias on the finances.

As a sideline - have you ever tried to get a book on jet engine theory in Dutch? - almost as bad as welsh - but at least there are some!