PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what spirit for the A320?
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2006, 12:25
Dani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dartagnan, don't let yourself confuse with all the Airbus expressions. Manual means with your own hands! Yes, the rumor is true, you CAN fly the thing without autopilot

When you go through TLS gnd school, you learn to fly the aircraft in managed mode only, this is true. Reality shows that you can fly it also selected. In fact, I fly it more selected than managed. Then it's exactly the same as every other aircraft with autothrust/trottle. I encourage you to try every mode to get used to it.

Alternate, direct and reverse are only important in the simulator and in theory. In real life you hardly ever use these modes. You must be in big trouble to get there.

Spool up time is commanded by FADEC, i.e. engine, not Airbus. CFM is faster than IAE, older IAE are even slower. Spool up time is industry standard. A RR Trent 900 might need even longer.

For good Airbus sites please check with google/yahoo or PM me. There is one crazy guy who made a completly working cockpit on a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet!!

Dani