PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iron Defficiency Anemia
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2006, 11:38
a.nonny.mouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Many thanks for all your replies. Its really helped.
I now have my class one back.
I still found it quite difficult to find information on the internet, I tried that cancer website originally. I kinda assumed there would be different types of anemia for different conditions.

My stomach condition was ulcerative collitus although it is in remission. My blood test results over a month ago were 7 ish (there was a decimal point-cant recall what though). You'll be as pleased as I am that the levels are 12. (I'm told that is normal for me).

My diet wasnt particularly bad, over the last 6 months I have changed it slightly to bulk up (that may have had an effect). I'm now on iron tablets(taken with orange juice-apparently that helps absorbtion) and increased iron foods (more fruit and more veg). I'm also advised to 'graze' constantly as opposed to 3 larger meals a day. All these things are helping me loads.

The symptoms originally were lethargy and dizziness (and nausea) - of course, I immediately took myself offline, thats plain proffessionalism. My question orignally was, how long before I could expect mt medical back as I was feeling much better. ie; how long after symptoms dissapear do the blood levels return to 'normal range'.

Anyway, problem solved.

Thank you all for your help.