PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmed or Ba lgw please help
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2006, 10:59
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WeLieInTheShadows
But a job that you wake up and enjoy coming to every morning is in my opinion far more important. It's a large part of your life, so make sure you like it.
So true. I used to earn at least £400pm more while working for a charter airline (lots of LH there) and I turned BA down twice because I was so unsure aboutbeing able to live on my possible new salary (things have changed at BA since I joined, btw, my basic was £9,000 exactly p.a. and our flying hours were taxed then!).

I was earning more but boy if I was stressed and sad and hated the company with all my heart. I hated the trips, I hated the night flights so much. So when BA offered me the job once more (I was so lucky to get that 3rd call!) it was like the best present I had ever received.

I finally started going to work feeling happy every day, finally enjoying my job again, I loved having a laugh with both flight and cabin crew even at 5am while dealing with dirty ovens, stinky toilets and catering problems, even on "sensitive" routes passengers were MUCH better than on any random charter flight I had ever done with the previous airline. I used to go back home feeling I had some energy left to give my friends.

You never know what a change (or lack of!) might bring you. I am sooooo happy I made mine, as people who know me know that my life has improved so much since then, despite a few pennies less in my bank account!!!

Can't wait for the little screamer to be born and old enough, I am definitely going back, in fact I am a bit envious of you guys talking about flying right now!!!!!

sorry for the long post, but WLITS is right, talk it through with ex-BMED crew, Tofster is a really nice guy I am sure he'll answer all the questions you might have, won't you Tofstie??

Good luck!!!

FBW