PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmed or Ba lgw please help
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2006, 10:06
tofster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Super,
I spent 2 years at Bmed before coming to LGWEF. Best move I ever made. It is true that the money is slightly better at Bmed,BUT I am far far happier coming to work at BA than I was at Bmed. Before anyone jumps on me for bad mouthing Bmed, this was a personal choice. The routes at Bmed drove me crazy, I was not happy flying to Iran, Uzbekistan etc etc. It got to the point where I was almost in tears getting ready for work. The money was ok but at BA I am earning prob a hundred pounds less a month than Bmed. However now that onefleet is kicking into action I think my money will be about the same. The crew at Bmed are great, it was a nice little company to work for, although I do like being a number rather than the whole management knowing who you are, there was a case of too many chiefs at Bmed I thought. They are VERY strict on uniform at Bmed and SEP training is a nightmare. I'm not sure if it is still the case but Bmed had a HUGE turnover of staff leaving to go to BA LHR when I was there. Personally if you are looking for a long term career I would suggest sticking at BA LGW and putting in for a transfer to LHR, have heard rumours that the transfer list may still open this year. Hope this helps a little. Feel free to pvt me if ya want!

T xx