PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND
Thread: SOUTHEND
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2006, 08:02
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is not now expected that there will be any route announcements before next year, contrary to what RAL had anticipated to be the case.

They are still in negotiations with carriers but it seems that one of the main contenders may be in a period of consolidation for the first half of 2007 rather than expansion, so this has put back their plans.

I don't know the state of play regarding KLM, but presumably the meeting planned for October has taken place.

It looks as if the Flybe JER service will not operate as a schedule in 2007 (if at all) as it is not on their timetable and SEN has been deleted from the route map. I note also, incidentally, that the JER service from NWI for next year is reduced from 5 x weekly to 1 x weekly.

I would have thought the departure of the 707 and Belfast is good news as it frees up parking space for 'active' traffic.

By the way, does anyone know if the recent apron resurfacing was a proper renewal of the apron surface or just a patching-up exercise, as has been done previously?