PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie fire contracts
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2006, 02:54
Twin Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote] When say attacking a flame front, an aproach can be set up with a chain of aircraft arriving sequentially allowing a continuous
pattern of overlapping drops to be made on the front.

Geday, Steve Bracks here, i am pleased to announce our new fleet of Skycranes to the Victorian drought affected state. Stuff helping the farmers, by spending only a little bit extra, i can give the victorian state complete coverage with skycranes. The fires wont stand a chance if we hit them continuosly in formation. It will be a fabulous show.

Could you imagine the DSE running around trying to refuel all these skycranes at the same time.

Unfortunately the government is winning voting points by bringing in the extra skycranes. It is a shame to see the 214's doing nothing when the helicopters that are on contract around oz are of smaller capacity.

Come on Rosemary, we thank you for sticking your head up, but it is a mighty big task to bite off in order to support our home grown employment opportunities. Good Luck!

I hear taht in the USA, ems operators are fitiing belly tanks to their new AW139,s when the fires are in their local shires. F Australia is so far behind the times