PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Malta
Thread: Air Malta
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2006, 15:27
BANANASBANANAS

Received 122 Likes on 62 Posts
I have no experience of Malta so can't comment on that side of the argument but I did work for 9 years for RBA on the "Bong" fleet so can perhaps offer some insight into Brunei in general and RBA in particular.

Brunei is indeed a "dry" country but you will discover a million and one ways around that. Don't let that put you off.

I left RBA just over a year ago and the Airbus fleet was definitely a better run, fairer and much happier outfit than the Boeing fleet. What you do need to be aware of is that RBA is undergoing a major (and fairly haphazard from what I hear) fleet change which may well involve the A319 A320 fleet being taken in part ex as part of a deal which sees B773 and B738 arrive. You need to make sure that when the music stops you will still have a seat!

The training you will receive by RBA is pretty good in all fairness but the shine can wear off very quickly. If you are just looking for a couple of years "fun in the sun" and receive (in your contract) adequate assurances about A319 A320 longevity then I would definitely recommend it as a stepping stone to better things. Otherwise I would take a close look at what Malta has to offer. PM me if you want any more specifics.