PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wealthy Expats won't find it alluring
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2006, 15:24
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blueside^

Borrow the money? You have got to be f*****g kidding. I may as well drop my daks and expose myself to the elements. If that is what your financial adviser is advising you I suggest you change advisers.

I have the right to live in a number of countries because of birth right how long I have lived and worked in a country and marriage. Most Asian counties that I would like to live in have an open door policy to wealthy expats in retirement and won’t tax me to death.

If the Australian government thinks for one minute they will see one cent of my retirement money think again. I will retire else where, where governments reward people who have worked hard to provide for themselves in retirement, not tax them to death and let those on the old age pensioner bludge off the rest of society because they didn’t plan for retirement. My wife and I will keep our house on the beach in Sydney and continue to live as expats abroad, only coming down for less than six months of the year to maintain our non-residency status. If the government change the rules then I will adapt. Push me into a corner and I will sell everything in Australia and take it all abroad. So my advice to the Australian government is you have been warned. There are many expats like me who will drop Australia like a hot potato if you back us into a corner. Then you won’t see anything, not even GST revenue.