PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructors, a rare breed indeed!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2006, 13:15
shortstripper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sam,

I'd forgotten about your previous post with a suggestion of a way forward, so I apologise about my Luddite comment. That was aimed at the entrenched view that things are ok as they are, which is normally a trait of older, not younger people. Age is no sign of experience as you say, but age does have the advantage of mellowing ones views on other people and their abilities. You loose the arrogance of thinking that your way is best and you start to see things from other angles far more clearly. Don't get me wrong, this isn't always a good trait, as younger people tend to see fewer problems and act accordingly, which usually gets things done! We fuddies often get bogged down in the mire of thoughts about possible problems that all too often aren't even there!!! I'm not actually that old, and I'm sure you have far more hours than I, so good for you. I think though, that when you reach the age when people half your age, make remarks that denigrate all the experience you have gained or even assume you have very little ... you may get a chip on your shoulder too!

SS