PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2006, 11:33
Aser

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by helmet fire
BUT – if I could spend even some of the money I saved by flying the BK 117 on WAAS GPS, 4 axis autopilot, IR enhanced vision equipment, synthetic vision equipment, Night Vision Goggles, enhanced pilot to cockpit interface systems, more sim trips to Sweden (how are you Inga?), more emergency training flights, live weather updating service linked from the ground, HUMS, enhanced crashworthy seats,……I think you get the picture. All these benefits have a greater return on the safety dollar than the reduction of the risk of minor damage to almost zero. Dont you think?
Airframes are simply horses for courses and generally, economics determines my horse.
Yeah, I think the same but I prefer to start from a 139 platform than a 117,412 or 76.
I'm not the one who is going to stop anybody from buying a 139 if they can afford it, then we can start asking for improvements, try to load your Bk117 with on WAAS GPS, 4 axis autopilot, IR enhanced vision equipment, synthetic vision equipment, Night Vision Goggles, enhanced pilot to cockpit interface systems,live weather updating service linked from the ground, HUMS, enhanced crashworthy seats, you will need "power" besides money.
The big discussion here is why spend money on the overpowered 139 instead of fighting the "CFIT monster". But I think there is no need to forget CFIT once we have the 139, if the operator can buy and operate a multimillion helicopter I'm pretty sure they can buy all the gadgets too...