PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot talks about bombing White House on open mike
Old 26th Oct 2006, 19:43
jondc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norman S.

Thanks for the kind words about America. I have high regard for the UK and have expressed that elsewhere on this forum (which has been a little censored to truly be a free expression of aviation thoughts).

Many of us in America knew that Bush and his policies were wrong for the world and America.

More of us know now that BUSH and his views have been about as out of whack as a 747-400 with two right wings.

Had 600 votes been found for Al Gore in Florida during the 2000 election our world would probably be at peace...at least much better off than it is now. And Americans even more secure against attack.

Had the state of Ohio gone for Sen. Kerry in 2004, I think the UK and US would largely be out of Iraq by now.

We have what we call "mid term" elections coming up in America this november. Not for president, but it will allow Americans to speak their mind. I hope you , Norman, keep a close eye on it.

I do think you might be wrong about China's century. But that will be for history to decide.

Long ago, a famous band leader is credited as saying: a sudden thought strikes me, let us swear eternal friendship. a piece of music by another great composer took its cue from that thought and it is called, "hands across the sea". Later, Sr. Winston Churchill also spoke magnificently about the special bond between america and the uk.

all the best, and I would rather have a plane from the UK accidently talk about bombing the white house in jest, than anyone else!

jon