PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructors, a rare breed indeed!!
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2006, 14:40
advocate for devils

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfazed,

I have already apologised for touching a nerve - I trust you may recipricate after launching another verbal assault without CHECKING the facts (see my quote below)

Having recently completed my PPL. I am no 'natural pilot' and accept the fact I will be spending £10.000's to get where I want to be
My understanding is that to get paid (yes I do need some money to live on) I require to complete the ATPL and at least CPL.

My comments are certainly NOT as attack on CPL holders - let alone an attack on any individual. I am simply stating the obvious - many PPLs' get demotivated and disillusioned by instructors (yes the minority) who persistantly moan about there own position, underpaid, etc......

I personnaly respect those who have went to the trouble (and expense) of getting their license - but it does not mean I need continue to respect those who appear to be protecting their own interest (getting paid for flying) to the detrement of others (don't want PPL instructors) while moaning about their own position (there choice to work).

My last real job paid £60k per year, lots of unsociable hours, but no real hassle. Simply, I didn't enjoy it. My choice to spend my time and money to get a job I want to do (maybe not the best money but my choice). The reverse of this is true - if money is the motivator them maybe a change of career is required.

I do not see the rates going much higher for PPL instruction (certainly not while the attitudes of schools, instructors, remain the same). The tempation to go to Spain or elsewhere is increasingly attractive - something radical has to change in the UK to change that. I think PPL instructors could be the answer. The apparent 'lack of CPL instructors' would be addressed and the CPL senior instructor could get paid a better salary with the responsibility of looking after junior 'PPL Instructors'.

I think the above would be great for everyone but the 'divide' between the commercial and non-commercial guys must be bridged first-
THIS IS THE REASON FOR MY POINTS

I again apologise for upsetting you UNFAZED!