PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 4
Thread: Ryanair - 4
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2006, 14:26
shannon55

Originally Posted by TheSailor
Hello,

I don't think..Ryan Air is really a "worst" airline.
The point of a travel by plane....is to go from a place..to another..rapidely.
And if you have the possibility to make this travel cheap..it's great.
If you want comfort etc...take the Q2 ...you will have all the amenities...but the travel will be long and expensive.
I never have comfort in planes when travel exeed 4 or 5 hours... (any airlines)...exept when traveling in first...or eventually business....
You have the choice....read...compare ...ask...and make your choice...
If you take a Ryan Air plane..and think..you will be like in a Singapore Airline first class sak...you make a mistake...not Ryan Air.

Regards.
well said! I can't stand the amount of uneducated criticism RYR gets on this thread. As you said, If you want air travel with all its bells and whistles then go full service. If you want low-cost travel then go with RYR. Critics of the airline should ask themselves why do 42m odd PAX travel with the airline year-in, year-out if they're such a 'crap' airline? Yes they haven't mastered all aspects of air travel perfectly but...who has?
What they do have ,however, is one of the youngest fleets in Europe, most with leather seats (which is alot more then what some Full service carriers have) and ,yes, while there's no in-flight frills and your destination airport may not be the nearest airport to the city intended....it's not as if you didn't know this before you booked with them. They do state the actual destination beside the main city on the booking engine e.g. Frankfurt (Hahn).
I do agree that their customer-care and aftersales service leaves alot to be desired but there's very little airlines in operation who can boast a flawless service.