PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 19:34
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by God Loves a Flyer
Scroggs - that info is a year old, it is irrelevant to this discussion.Also I take issue with you (as a moderator) making statements that are blatently untrue with regard to Ryanair.
It is indeed a year old - slightly more, in fact. However, it is anything but irrelevent to this discussion. It was posted by people who declared themselves to be Ryanair employees, and backed up by others. There has been no information posted within this forum to suggest these practices have been altered or discontinued. Have you verifiable information otherwise? Where are the untruths?
Please stop passing rumours as facts. What intimidatory atmosphere are you talking about?
The intimidatory atmosphere is documented in the so-called 'Guide for Prospective Ryanair Employees'; it was referred to by the judge in the recent, high-profile court case that Ryanair lost; it is cited as one of the reasons for the existence of the Ryanair European Pilots Association. Again, are you suggesting that all this evidence is fabricated?

"On some contracts the pay is reasonable", I can't belive the negative tone of this statement. It is widely accepted (even by hardened FR bashers) that Ryaniar pay well. Why are you asserting otherwise?
Because there have been a number of threads that suggest that, for some contracts, the pay is not great; this is just one example. If that is not the case, please state where the inaccuracies lie.

"the lack of pay in the first year" What lack of pay?
From this post, among others. Can you categorically state that this salary and allowances regime is no longer in effect? Are Ryanair's low-hours pilots now paid a reasonable living wage from day 1, irrelevent of flying hours completed?

Signed, a weary Ryanair pilot who can no longer take the constant, unjustified digs on these forums.
Nothing I have posted is a dig at Ryanair. Not one word of the criticism of your company has originated from me; all I have done is read the contributions by your colleagues and suggested that those who wish to work for Ryanair also read these comments before they commit to anything. It is up to them to make their minds up whether they wish to work for an organisation that seems to generate so much adverse comment from its own employees.

Of course, if you can give us assurance that none of the posts linked to state the truth, and can show us the evidence to the contrary, we will be pleased to post it so that wannabes - and your fellow employees - can read it. Or would you rather it was all brushed under the carpet and we continued to pretend that all is well in this, the best of all possible worlds?

Scroggs