PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2006, 15:07
fast & fat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RogerIrrelevant69
fast & fat,

The impression I get is that while yes there is a queue a mile long of low-hours and TP guys wanting to get into FR, many will be out the door as soon as they get a few years under their belt flying the 738's.
You say "the impression I get" thats the problem with so many posts, people get an inpression or have "a view" of ryanair. Bad news makes headlines, but good news goes untold. Ryanair fly 700 flights a day, that requires a lot of pilots, fact is (not impression) they have to treat their pilots well for them to say for like you say, you would be out the door with a great 737 TR under your belt and be very employable. Ryanair know this and have therefore to treat their pilots well enough to make them stay, sure a few leave but the majority dont, and as for the court cases, those who went to court, where do they still work? yep, ryanair.

Fact is (not impression) they have a great roster of 5 on 4 off and no senority-list so you can plan your life in advance where other airlines that do use senority, new entries and in particular low hour cadets can really get a crap deal.

Dont get me wrong Im not saying Ryanair are "the best" of course not, that would be unrealistic, what Im trying to say is that there is a lot of "impressions" or "peoples views" etc on ryanair but when you actually know about the company they are a lot better than people "think"

Lately they have also really sorted out their training and you go smoothly through finishing the TR one week to base training the following week.

You could do alot worse......