PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2006, 21:45
Dan 98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
incidentally, I have never flown with an ex-Ryanair pilot in Virgin.
Hi Scroggs,
MMmmm... I have a very good friend who is a SFO in Virgin on the A340 fleet who knows of pilots from FR!!! He is the one who has said go for FR and work hard for 3-5yrs and then go for Virgin.
Must be a big group of pilots for you not to have come across any!!
Anyhow this post is in danger of becoming tit for tat, and the whole point was that different routes suite different people. I happen to know from my contact at FR that there has been a lot of change in the last 12 months with middle management and that new joiners are being treated much better, it is possible for companies to change you know.

I have a friend who is going through line training now, he has been treated fairly and should complete his line training in 7 weeks. He had to wait 2 weeks from finishing his TR to be based checked. He has no complaints so far. It is very easy to slate FR with articles that were written in 2004, when things may well have been worse, but good for them for improving things. Everyone is an adult on here (supposedly) do what you think is best for you, not what others may think they know about.
All the best
Dan