PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2006, 22:15
Marvo

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
In answer to your questions, 1: If you are a cadet, Ryanair will not pay for your type rarting. You can say you require a UK base but during line training you will get sent anywhere there is a spare line trainer, ie Rome, Brussels etc. If you have a 737 type rating or 1500 hrs plus Ryanair may choose to bond you for the OCC conversion course.

2: It does not matter if you have worked for RYR before you still pay for your type course. Working for them just means it's easier to get your foot in the door for the type course.

In honesty it seems that most guys and girls going for the cadet scheme seem to be from the parc / sas mcc course or internal recommendation. Some do come from the SAS/CAE websites (such as myself). Despite many bad posts I would recommend it to anyone. I have been in a year now and I was messed around at the start, waiting for line training etc but now the hard part (3-5 months) are behind me It is a really great job and doors are now starting to open elsewhere should I choose. Go for it!