PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2006, 16:11
buttline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair sim

I did the sim check for Ryanair about a year ago. It's in a 732.

It was depart Liverpool 27, climb to non-standard 5000' (the SID is 4k). You will have to select climb power at 1500 agl and accelerate and clean up at 3000 agl whilst intercepting the radial in the climb.

I think you depart flap 1 but it could be flap 2, I can't remember. Sorry I can't remember the EPR power setting either.

Then you do steep turns in both directions, then some ADF tracking. Then vectors towards an ILS 27 - he asked me what entry I would use for a hold and, when I answered, he didn't bother to make me fly it. I believe Dublin is also a common sim location as well.

Then I got an engine fire and had to shut the engine down followed by vectors to an SE G/A.

The recall items you will need to know are:-

PF calls for the "Engine Fire and Severe Damage Recall Items"

- Affected thrust lever - close
- Affected engine start lever - close
- Affected engine fire warning switch - pull and rotate for fire - (just pull for damage)

That will be it for the shutdown - you won't have to use the QRH.
All actions should be exectuted by PNF and confirmed by PF - show good CRM and clear English (very multicultural at RYR). If you need something, MCP selections, radios tuning etc - ask the PNF for it - practice giving Jeppessen style briefings - use the top boxes.

All is raw data - no AP / FD or AT except for briefings.

If you've never flown a jet sim before, unless you are a sky god, you will probably need some practice first to pass.

However, only take Ryanair if it's your last option. You will be seriously out of pocket for a further 2 years at least.

CTC ATP Scheme is a much better deal and will place you with better companies.