PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2006, 13:50
hazehoe
5K Fund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stjuk, i don't consider you a wannabe,you are out in the system.Students fly solo under your responsebility etc. I came up the "ladder" this way and don't regret it. You have to hang in there and make contacts(yes i know it's difficult),find a job on a small twin and slowly climb "up".

If more poeple would go this "hard" route we would not be in the situation we are in right now.
Flight International is posting for FI positions in Croatia,with active intergration to the airlines after 600 hours and 2 years(maybe LH ,i don't know) to name a example. I reached the same point after 1500 hours of instructing and wonderd where all this was supposed to lead.In the end it worked out,got multi time through instructing, freight and than regional.It's a lot better to fly for a regional with good T&C's and become a TRI/TRE than to put up with the disrespectful(in lack of better words) treatment you get in places like FR. Don't believe for a second that the bad deal you get now will change in 2 years,i believe it has been explained by me and a lot of others where all this is going.My advise is to stick with it , you already took a big hurdle building those first 1000 hours! I don't believe the wannabe statement from Sroggs was for you but more in a general sense.You will find ,if you do your research , that he is trying to keep this whole debate balanced and comes on here to rebuke me and others if we get a little bit to carried away with this issue(FR, self funding etc), so " arrogance " might be a little misplaced.This arrogant B.sterd is probaly over the Atlantic with the blond girls in the back, it's not a fair world is it.

Keep up the hard work,don't fall in the trap of the "shortcut" you might regret it.