PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2006, 14:11
Cipri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scroggs
Now, I don't put all the blame on those at the bottom of the pile, though I do ask you to think seriously about the consequences of your actions. they are unlikely to affect me, but they will affect you and your peers. How can we retrieve the situation? Do what Ryanair and others have not done - get the existing pilots to work together in protecting the terms and conditions of all pilots (including new-joiners) in their company. That can only be achieved by strong, united and determined union representation. It's worked in Virgin. It's working now in easyJet. It's failing (but maybe retrievable) in BA. It could work in Ryanair, but it's not. Remember that once you get in.
Scroggs
indeed the oneīs outside have no influence whatsoever in the company hiring policies, there is far to much unemployment to go aroung rejecting the slight job offers around. As I have said before, its the people inside that have the power to change, although its not alway true. This has been done in two Spanish carriers, one of them Air Europa, where with the help of the union, has stablished a well defined set of requirements, and the will to pay for the new hired pilots type rating. In the other hand, Iberia pilots and their union, have been fighting now for years in order to keep their old pilotīs agreement, which has meant that a bunch of pilotīs who where already trained and had their TR paid for by Iberia (I think more than 3 years ago) have not yet been called up to start flying, as a pressure measure by the management. the bad part is that they had signed a contract which bonded them for loads of money so they canīt realy do much about it.
summing up, waht can we do? the oneīs outside have no say. And the oneīs Inside donīt have an easy way and or are too busy looking after their own problems.
Life is hard, and everything gets harder. Real state has also risen to prices out of reach for most young people, while real state owners grow wealthier and wealthier! housing is twice or Thrice as expensive now, and that is even more unfair than paying for a T/R. Who is to blame? the young people that pay whatever they are asked for? maybe yes, but what is one supposed to do, find a nice bridge and live under it?

not easy problems, wiht no easy solutions. Its easy to criticise, but alway try to get into the other peopleīs shoes!

Regards