PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2006, 11:14
Gnirren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've applied to Cityjet, "sorry we can't take your application further at this time", Loganair they don't care, no reply at all. BA Cityexpress, same things "sorry blah blah..."
Then I hear on pprune that some 300 hr TT guy gets interviewed with BA for example. I have almost 1500 TT of which over 800 is twin. What did I do exactly, spell first officer incorrectly on the application? Beg your pardon for not being brittish, you better believe I can outperform the low hour guy on the job. Truth be told, a company who'd go for a 300 guy over a 1500 guy over spelling errors to me is nuts.
So in my opinion, these companies have clearly told me what THEY think my worth is, and it's not much apparently.
Then what? Get JAA instructor ratings until I have 3000 TT instead? By then they're going to ask what's wrong with me for not getting a job yet = no interview. Plus the fact that 1500 Vs 3000 should make no difference, if you can't perform at 1500 then you probably can't perform at all.
So you tell me what next? I don't consider myself a low hour guy. Aer Arann require you to fund your rating I believe and I don't see this as being preferable to something like the Ryanair deal.