PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2006, 10:48
thebeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I presume then Jonty that with all these ‘bloody dangerous’ low hours FOs on jets that accidents will be happening all the time, Ryanair planes will be falling out the sky….. of course not. And as for your suggestion that 50% will fail the type rating and 25% fail the line check well I find these figures as reliable as the Governments illegal immigration figures!! I would be surprised if the failure rate is higher than 10%.

‘Take some time to get to know aviation, instructing and air taxi are very rewarding and the experience’

Well for a start as a low hours pilot air taxi is out of the question as single pilots ops isn’t a possibility and of course me being ‘bloody dangerous’ it d be certain death!!!
As for instructing unless you have an endless supply of cash it simply isn’t an option to fork out another £5-6000 to be employed in a job that will pay around £10,000 a year tops added to the fact another 500 hours in a 152 has debatable long term career benefits.

Gaining experience on a turboprop I agree would be ideal, but these seem even rarer than jet jobs!

Although the Ryanair option is far from perfect it still offers an excellent opportunity as we can see from the demand which also means they can still pick and choose those who show the best skills in the sim check.

That’s my pennies worth