PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2006, 21:01
757manipulator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
757manip - go do your homework again. My wife is a solicitor and we had to pay postgrad lawschool fees ourselves, and then they work for 2 years on very lowpay. (called articles on about 10-12 grand a year). Barristers pay for law school and work UNPAID for 2 years. These days they have to pay the undergrad costs aswell.
Stop bloody whinging, or make sure that your arguments actually hold water.
Actually, I dont know what Law School your wife went to (nor I guess does it matter) but my other half who is also a Barrister, wasnt asked to contribute to any post-grad costs, infact she was able, through her own resourcefulness to secure a position alongside a well respected and reputable firm.
So yes my arguement does hold water..(her classmates have had similar experiences)
Camelhair, 757manip, captain douglas, 152 wiseguy and all the foul mouthed guys who keep whinging about these young guys ruining your T&C's, just one question: What have YOU done to keep the T&C's the way they where 15 years ago...
SIMPLE..I havent paid for a type-rating (I was an FI, flown turbo-props, and Biz-Jets) Ive turned down positions where I was asked to, oh yeah and Im a member of BALPA...just ask the guys at easyjet as to how things can change with a bit of collective effort